HOME ECONOMICS J. S. S ONE SECOND TERM
THEME; FAMILY LIVING AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT /CLOTHING AND TEXTILE FOOD AND FOODS AND NUTRITION
Students should be able to;
- Explain the meaning of drug abuse.
- Effect of drug abuse on humans.
- Prevention of drug abuse
Drug abuse can be defined as the inappropriate taking of drugs into the body. It can also be the use of drugs without proper prescriptions from a qualified doctor or health practitioner.
CAUSES OF DRUG ABUSE
- Drugs of abuse are usually psychoactive drugs that are used by people for various different reasons which may include:
- Curiosity and peer pressure, especially among school children and young adults
- The use of prescription drugs that were originally intended to.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.