Prospects of Mechanization (II)
Agricultural science SSS1 Third Term
Prospects of Mechanization
Students should be able to:
- Explain the reasons why agriculture has not been fully mechanized in West Africa.
- List possible ways of improving agriculture through mechanization
REASONS WHY AGRICULTURE HAS NOT BEEN FULLY MECHANIZED IN WEST AFRICA
- Small farm holding or land fragmentation or land tenure system does not permit mechanization.
- The farming systems currently practised do not encourage mechanization.
- There are no access roads for machines.
- It is costly or expensive to hire machines, and most farmers are poor.
- High running costs for machinery discourages mechanization.
- Heavy tree stumps left after land clearing.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.