BIOLOGY SSS 3 FIRST TERM
Students should be able to;
- Discuss the different types of transportation media
- Discuss the mechanism of transportation in various animals
- Describe the mechanism of transportation in various animals
- Compare and contrast various mechanism of transportation
- Demonstrate experimentally the flow of materials in plant.
In very simple animals, materials are transported through diffusion.
Media of Transportation in Animals
- Cytoplasm: used in lower organisms e.g. Amoeba, Paramecium
- Blood: used in higher animals e.g. vertebrates
- Lymph: used in higher animals
- Cell sap or latex: used in plants
In complex animals, there is a special transport system to carry oxygen, carbon dioxide, nutrients, waste products, food and.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.