Agricultural science for S.S.S 2 First Term
Students should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of drainage.
- List importance of drainage.
- List various types of drainage.
- Describe the various types of drainage with their advantages and disadvantages.
Meaning of drainage.
Drainage is a process whereby excess water in the soil is removed artificially to promote good farming activities. In other words, drainage is the withdrawal of excess water from the soil while at the same time retaining adequate reserves to carry the crops through the period of scarcity.
Importance of effect of drainage.
- Drainage helps in reclaiming a water-logged soil for crop production.
- Drainage improves the soil structure,.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.