Economics SSS 2 First Term
Student should be able to:
- Explain the role of the institutions like labour unions in wage determination.
The meaning of trade union
A trade union is an association of workers formed to enable the members to take collective, rather than individual, action against their employers in matters relating to their welfare and conditions of work.
They are formed by workers who seek protection for their interest. Examples of trade unions are Nigerian labour congress (NLC), Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), National Union of Petroleum and Natural Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW).
Objectives of trade unions
- To ensure good wages for their members
- They safeguard the interest of their members.
- To participate in policy formulation in their respective organization.
- They secure employment for those members.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.