Agricultural Practices Cont'd
Agricultural Science JSS 2 First Term
Agricultural Practices Cont'd2
Student should be able to
1. Describe post-planting operations.
2. Explain post-planting operations.
3. Explain the effects of timely harvesting versus late harvesting.
4. State various post-harvest operations.
These are operations or activities carried out on the farm after planting has been done. They include thinning, supplying, mulching, fertilizer and manure application, watering, weeding, pest and disease control and harvesting.
1. Thinning: This is the act of removing extra seedlings from a stand or reducing the number of seedlings growing in a row. Thinning should be done early in the morning and evening and also when the soil is moist. Thinning is done to.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.