Mathematics SSS 2 First Term
Theme: Numbers and Numeration
Students should be able to;
- Calculate numbers less than 1 involving multiplication and division using log table
- Solve simple logarithm equations
Revision of Logarithm Numbers Greater than 1
Logarithm of numbers is the power to which 10 is raised to give that number. Logarithms used in calculations are normally expressed in base 10.
Rules for the Use of Logarithms
- Multiplication: find the logarithms of the numbers and add them together
- Division: find the logarithm of each number. Then subtract the logarithm of the denominator from that of the numerator
- Powers: find the logarithm of the number and then multiply it by the power or the index
- Roots: find the logarithm of the number and.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.