Government SSS 1 Third Term
Student should be able to explain:
i. Meaning of public opinion.
ii. Formation of public opinion.
iii. Measurement of public opinion
Meaning of Public Opinion
This is defined as the belief, values and attitudes, which are commonly held and expressed by the majority of the people on a given public issue.
Characteristic of Public Opinion
1. Opinion shared.
2. Expression of private persons.
3. Communication is involved.
4. It involves public issues.
5. Public opinion is not static.
Formation of Public Opinion
1. Through Election: Political parties educate the people on important public issues during campaigns, rallies, etc. by.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.