Agricultural science S.S.S 2 Third Term
Students should be able to:
- State the meaning of rangeland.
- List the importance of rangeland.
- State the characteristics of rangeland.
- Mention some grasses of livestock rangeland.
- State factors affecting the level of production of herbage.
Meaning of Rangeland/Pasture
The term rangeland is used to describe a predominantly herbaceous plants community. It affords extensive grazing pasture for animals like cattle, sheep and goats.
Definition of Rangeland
Rangeland can be defined as an extensive area of land covered by grasses, legumes with some tree, shrubs and herbs where animals (ruminants) can graze or browse freely.
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.