Civic Education JSS2 Third Term
The student should be able to:
1. Identify democratic institution in Nigeria and their roles
2. State the importance of democracy
Democratic institutions and their functions
1. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC): This body was established by the federal government through the constitution to organize and conduct the election. Its functions are; compile electoral and voters register, establish and equip polling booths or stations, fix the date of the election, conduct elections and declare the results.
2. Political parties: They are political organizations aimed to win the election. Its functions are to bring people together, deliberate on issues of national importance, socialize and educate the public etc.
3. Pressure groups: They are a private.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.