Basic Science JSS1 Second Term
- Explain the meaning of energy.
- State and describe the sources of energy.
Meaning of energy
Energy is the ability to do work. Something that is able to do work is said to have energy.
Sources of energy
1. Solar energy: The sun is the primary source of energy. The sun transmits radiant energy to the earth in the form of light and heat.
2. Natural gas: Natural gas and petroleum products are also sources of energy, natural gas can be burnt directly to produce heat energy or can be liquified under pressure and bottled for domestic and industrial use.
3. Atomic energy: Scientists had discovered that if they strike an atom of an element called uranium, with tiny particles called a neutron, the.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.