Government S.S.S 2 Second Term
Pre-colonial Administration 2
Student should be able to:
1. Describe the system
2. Discuss the structure of government in Igbos
3. Explain the role of components of the system
4. Comparison of the different pre-colonial administration in Nigeria
1. System of government in pre-colonial days ( Igbo)
2. Structure of pre-colonial governments.
3. Roles of the respective components of their structure.
4. Comparison of different pre-colonial administration in Nigeria
The Igbo Political System
This may be seen as a fragmented political system. Many institutions were in place and political authority was shared among them. For example, the Ofo titleholders (Council of Elders), Ozo titleholders and Age grades were all involved in the power-sharing exercise. There was an absence of centralisation of power and authority in Igbo political system as it.... View More
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.