Government S.S.S 2 Second Term
Pre-colonial Administration 3
Student should be able to:
1. Describe the system
2. Discuss the structure of government in Yoruba
3. Explain the role of component of the structure
4. Compare the different pre-colonial administration
1. System of government in pre-colonial days ( Yoruba)
2. Structure of pre-colonial governments.
3. Roles of the respective components of their structure.
4. Comparison of different pre-colonial administration in Nigeria
Oyo Empire Yoruba Traditional Political System
Oyo was a vast empire or territory divided into different provinces. It was the most popular and outstanding of all the kingdoms in the Yoruba political system. Oyo was able to influence issues in other areas like; Dahomey (Republic of Benin), Ekiti, Ijebu and Ife.
Structure of Yoruba Traditional Political System
Subscribe now to gain full access to this lesson noteTake Me There
Click here to gain access to the full notes.